Monday, August 8, 2011

wiped out

DSC_0457
Emry, July

I have so many thoughts of things to post running through my head, and so many photos that I want to share with y'all. But darn it all if I am not pretty wiped out these days and finding most of my computer time is being used up by working and keeping up with email (preschool teacher appreciations and end-of-the-year potlucks, oh my!).

And the chores! All this going away and coming back stuff is very entertaining, but the amount of laundry generated by one 2-night camping trip times 4 people plus 1 ever-smoking campfire is really quite extraordinary. (You need an ever-smoking campfire when you're camping in Bodega Bay in August, meaning the fog is so thick it falls like misty rain and the high reaches 60 degrees if you're lucky.)

I think I'm going to go to bed radically early tonight. I think that every day at 7 a.m., then again at 2 p.m., 4 p.m., and 7 p.m. Then by 8:30 p.m., once Elan is FINALLY asleep (bedtime takes forever these days), I think: I'll just clean up and take care of a few things for the morning. And then -- boom! -- it's 10:30 and I haven't started getting ready for bed yet.

But it's 7:30, so I'm still optomistic: maybe tonight I'll be asleep by 9 p.m. What heaven that would be...

No comments:

Post a Comment