Friday, July 1, 2011

a little close to home

From my absolute favorite parenting-related magazine: Brain, Child. In the last issue they asked parents to write in with the funniest tact-free things your child has said. This one had me cracking up:
"We were eating dinner one evening and the subject of hair color came up. My seven-year-old son Caleb asked, "Why do people call my hair 'strawberry blonde'?"
"Well, I said, "I think it means that people think your hair is a little blonde and a little red, like a strawberry." He thought for a moment, looked at me and my mousy, neglected, brownish-blondish hair, and said very matter-of-factly, "I think your hair looks like a decayed apple." I made a salon appointment that day.
-Kim Bartlett
Bound Brook, NJ

1 comment:

  1. Bec!

    First, this snippet is hilarious.

    Next, Emry! Those cheeks! He's such a sweet little guy! I might need another baby.

    Finally, I'm so happy for you all and the good change that has come your way. I love how you captured a perfect Friday morning when everything seems just right. Those are the moments, aren't they? When it all seems so together and easy. Hope to see you sometime soon! We're pondering a trip north while the Manns are camped out in Berkeley.

    xx

    ReplyDelete