Riding the Tilden Steam Train, Berkeley, February 2012
We decided to take the leap into our first international travel with kids.
We picked Costa Rica because:
1) neither of us has been there and we both want to go;
2) it's Spanish speaking, and we miss speaking - and hearing - Spanish;
3) when I'm in a Latin American country I feel like I'm really away;
4) yet we've traveled enough in Latin America to feel fairly comfortable;
5) CR is developed enough and touristy enough that it doesn't seem too intimidating a place to travel with little ones;
6) it's got lots of cool nature, and we like nature; and
7) somehow we convinced our dear Irish friends, travelers extraordinaire, to go along with us.
8) Can you tell I've been writing a lot of grant applications lately?
If you've been, and especially if you've been with kiddos in tow, let me know -- Where would you go? Would you bring a stroller? And do you know any fabulous Costa Rican babysitters so that we can have some adult dinners that involve fruity cocktails and uninterrupted conversation?