Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Ride 'Em Dino

I have way too many Elmo songs stuck permanently in my head. For instance, when I see this picture, I immediately start to sing "Ride 'Em Cowboy, whoop-de-whoop," a greatest hit from Elmo's Wild West Adventure.



Check out that chin! I know little kids' faces change a lot as they get older, but as of now, I'm thinking Elan might bear a startling resemblance chin-wise to Popa Al Alper. It's a little hard to appreciate the exact shape of the Alper chin in this picture, but I don't have any digital photos of my Popa Al in his younger days.


Popa Al and Elan have birthdays a few days apart in November. As of yesterday, Elan is officially 2 and a half, and in a few days Popa Al will turn 99 and a half. Is he counting? Most definitely so. It seems that eventually, the half-birthdays start to get significant again.

No comments:

Post a Comment